• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 24, 2020

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:08 PM PST

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a PullsDay Thursday weekly post, for those who want to share their pulled packs.

    Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "Lemme just BM this dude"

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Instead of "Play For Free", we now get "Buy Packs Now" as a tagline. Unending greed!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Don't buy the new bundle.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Blizzard is testing the player base. They never release a bundle the first week of an expansion.

    In midst of the outcry, I can only see it as a test on us --- whether we are truly mad or still buying their shit.

    If the bundle sells well, they will only get bolder.

    submitted by /u/rasras0
    [link] [comments]

    Finishing all weekly quests in a day, with no more 10g per 3 wins...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:43 AM PST

    Oh look Blizzard is saying thanks for playing the game. Oh...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:14 AM PST

    N'Zothanks, I'll (Battle) Pass

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:02 PM PST

    Hearthstone Tournament Hijacked By Anti-Blizzard Messages

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:56 AM PST

    Imagine being worse than EA

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:27 PM PST

    Blizzard looking at reddit community backlash rn ����

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:32 AM PST

    Hey Blizzard, I think you misclicked the pack in the bundle.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Lmao is this a joke??

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Blizzard, you have lost another whale to Legends of Runeterra.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 04:40 AM PST

    Disclaimer: Not here for upvotes or to advertise the game. Don't upvote if you don't feel like it.

    Just want to make my decision known that I'm done with Hearthstone. After several years of gameplay I'm done. Like many others, I was planning on getting the mega bundle of Darkmoon Faire, but it's not worth my money or time to play anymore. The tavern pass is an absolute joke, bugs are more present than ever, and the level of communication is non-existent. I was really starting to like the path the game went down with all the new additions and F2P stuff, but it's all taken a full 180.

    Good luck to everyone else sticking with this awful company.

    TL;DR: I'm done. Blizzard, at least pretend to care about your players. Goodbye.

    EDIT 1: No this wasn't a karma farm. I have indeed played a long time. No, I don't post on reddit ever. Just wanted Blizzard to know they've lost future revenue. Lots of salty people in the comments were a fun read though. Thanks for the laughs.

    submitted by /u/Crazywombat8
    [link] [comments]

    I am honestly stunned by the continued silence by Blizzard.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:59 AM PST

    I've been playing blizzard games since vanilla wow and I'm absolutely stunned by this release. At first release, I was churning through the levels and I was thinking what's the big deal? It's not too bad.

    But then I finished all my quests except the corrupt cards one (not corrupted cards because that was bugged out of it) and I wasn't leveling up. Then I noticed I didn't have any gold when I went to play arena. Then i understood why this system is absolute shit.

    Apex Legends just had a shit release. Classic EA release of a system that's shit and then an almost immediately back step after community outrage.

    EA handles their shit systems better than blizzard. Literally the American Devil of games. How in the hell are you letting this happen?

    I know this isn't going to be seen by the devs but hell, this is bad. It really makes me want to jump over to LoR. Unfortunately, being a whale, I love my hearthstone collection. I want to keep it. I want to enjoy it.

    But this new system is very bad.

    The bugs aren't bad. The lack of response or acknowledgment is very bad.

    The glitches players are experiencing aren't bad. The lack of response is very bad.

    This is all very bad. Such a shame. I love this game.

    submitted by /u/AnudeStart
    [link] [comments]

    Killing 2 birds and their game with 1 stone

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:23 AM PST

    The Picture Says it All

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 07:37 AM PST

    Blizzard , we are not satisfied with this level of communication!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Seriously..

    Hello, I'm Faith, a long time HS player. I've played this game for over 5 years now and I have a few things to say...

    I've spent some money here and there, but the new system is just a joke.

    First of all - The amount of exp needed from level to level is just ridiculous. On higher levels it takes about 4 days worth of quests to get a level (if you take low exp daily quests, it takes 5 quests from level 33 to 34). Sure, you can say they've added weekly quests now, but on these levels its just 150g (extra level). You said your system would give the same amount of even more gold, this doesn't even add up to the old amount. I used to play 3 wins/day + the average 60g quest = 70g. Now you need 4-5 days worth of quests for just 150g (Again, I won't count weekly quests at this point as the system was suppose to give MORE rewards.) Some people don't even receive those...

    Secondly - The level of communication and the achievement reward structure. We don't hear back from you, not even a small - We hear your concerns and will think of ways to improve. The statements you have released are nothing, yes you changed older packs for gold, the numbers still don't add up. Bonus exp during events? We had events in the past, it's nothing new... it's like selling me my old car back, except it's already mine. The achievements... I'm okay with some achievements like play 1000 murlocs resetting down to 0, I get it, but resetting arena wins and deleting our constructed records from our profiles? The technology isnt there? I have over 20k constructed wins and over 1k arena wins, and the system says uhuhu - you have 0 arena wins, start over and grind for years. This is not okay.

    The cost and mid season expansions - I actually wouldn't care much, if the reward system would be a bit higher than it was, by doing 3/wins and quests i was able to get 8k+ gold, which was enough to play the best decks. Now there's less gold and more stuff. We just have to wait and see how many legendary/epic cards this mini set will have.

    Blizzard, we are not asking for a free game or easy collections, we are asking for it to be FAIR, at least not MORE EXPENSIVE than it was. And god dammit, fix the battle pass, give us more exp. It's impossible, you barely gain anything outside of quests, and like I said, i takes quite a bit of them to complete one level, and it's not even the end of the road, it gets worse. The other night when I wen't to bed I asked myself - why am I playing anymore? It's like a job now, farm the battlepass level 1 crook edition. I would much rather buy and play AAA games like I did with the witcher 3 , god bless, that was the first time in while when I said - You can play games AND have fun? HOLY !

    Just communicate with us, it's clear you don't play your own games, at least not a at the mid tier.

    Give us more / easier accessible exp , or nerf the battle pass exp. Give us our old constructed wins back and let them count towards achievements. Talk to us more, just communicate. I understand a lot of people just bash at you, but most of us want a constructive dialogue. If you want us to stay , listen to us and accept the feedback we provide.

    I know this is messy, but damn, I'm already tired.

    Sincerely, Faith

    P.S. I know I haven't written everything, but this would be a good start.

    submitted by /u/FaithAmethyst
    [link] [comments]

    So I got back into the game in the middle of Scholomance, and... let's just say I already saw myself out

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:02 AM PST

    Its been too long

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:41 AM PST

    give c'thanks bundle: 20 packs of Scholomance and 2 Darkmoon legendries for $20. Timing is iffy, huh?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:15 AM PST

    In game store is selling 20 packs of Scholomance and 2 Darkmoon legendries for $20. Don't see any info on the webpage. I assume this has to have been preloaded into the system- the theme and all feels bad man considering the state of the game. If there are any people still buying products, what do you think of this deal?

    submitted by /u/drblueguy
    [link] [comments]

    Updated Blizzard Core Values LEAKED

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    I'm pretty sure they don't give AF anymore

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Coming back to Hearthstone after a long break...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:45 PM PST

    F2P is unbearable, I quit.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:24 AM PST

    I've been F2P for a while, the game is unbearable now, I'm making little to no progress and I've ended up only playing battlegrounds since the grind for arena is too large to even be considerable. I also cracked open a few legendaries recently, all of them barely playable and probably won't even see play (e.g deck of lunacy), and it's not like I can disenchant them and craft a legendary I actually want because it takes 4 fucking legendaries to even do that, so it's either pray I get a legendary I want in the next 20-40 packs (average/pity timer) or open 80-160 packs and get 4 dogshit legendaries just to craft 1 good one and remember I'm a F2P player, that's an absurd amount of gold to grind especially with this shit tavern pass so that means standard, wild and duels to an extent are off the market for me too. Fuck this game, I quit.

    submitted by /u/TurithianPRG
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard destroyed Hearthstone

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:03 AM PST

    What blizzard has done, and been doing to hearthstone is just really sad and dissapointing. I remember playing the first expansions and adventures where I used to spend money on this game but now it really shows that blizzard just wants to grab as much money from my wallet as possible.

    I have been playing this new expansion everyday because I thought the battle pass would let me unlock a lot of rewards fast so that I could maybe get a deck or two just for playing. I was very wrong. Unless I disenchant every legendary I got from the packs I don't even come close to making a single deck.

    I would gladly pay blizzard some money if they weren't so lazy in what they give me in return. I am really amazed that people still pay 80 bucks for this game considering you don't even GET everything in the expansion. It just doesn't make any sense. I may sound like an ass but I hope hearthstone dies out and people stop giving blizzard money in this game so that they have to change their pricing.

    submitted by /u/Sufficient_Pop_8929
    [link] [comments]

    Hearthstone is not appropriate for children.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 04:02 AM PST

    Hi,

    i have just cancelled our accounts and uninstalled after only playing a couple of test games after the new expac. I just want to give a fair warning to other parents that this game is not appropriate for children. It seems now they are playing every psychological game they can from the FTP rulebook to get people hooked on gambling and other tactics.

    Previously it was possible to free to play in a way. But I understand after the most recent expansion that this is no longer possible.

    Also the whole eco system supports this negative overall feeling, starting and propped up with the these youtube guys that show you the new FUN card interactions from the expac, these cards that are not reachable without spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

    This is just a warning that you should not let Blizzard subject your children to these techniques to try and hook them.

    Regards,

    submitted by /u/VinceRussoIsA
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment