• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 15, 2021

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a PullsDay Thursday weekly post, for those who want to share their pulled packs.

    [Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!](https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/wiki/resources#wiki_sticky_threads)

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? [Message the moderators.](http://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fhearthstone)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact: Renowned Performer summons two Assistants because the saw trick is traditionally performed with two assistants.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    I was wondering how it would look. Sharing because maybe someone else will enjoy it.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    I might go for a 1000 wins in the weeks Tavern Brawl. Does anyone know if there is a cap at 999?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    Platinum Brann didn’t show up :(

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    I Made a Bot, and Estimated That 20% of Lower Ranked Wild Asia are Now Roping Bots. Something Has to Be Done.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    Introduction

    EDIT: If someone from blizzard sees this, I would hope blizzard cared enough to make a statement soon. Even just an acknowledgement without promise.

    Before you even read what I say, check out this tweet from a man who's memes you may know already, MarkMcKz, that says it all:

    There are an UNREAL number of bot accounts at low MMR wild right now. They only Hero Power and rope every single turn. There really needs to be a better reporting system @PlayHearthstone. This is unacceptable.

    Background

    I play meme rank wild, Bronze through Platinum, on all three servers regularly. When XP first launched, there was a buzz about the first sightings of people immediately playing Odd Warrior bots and roping, and we were ASSURED by iksar, that it was overblown.

    On the whole, he was correct. I'm sure if you average ALL of wild you won't see the bots make enough difference to affect the absolute average. Its about local areas where they have equilibrium with the players round them. Mark is at silver 10 NA. I play at gold 10 or so, and I don't have the problem that he says at all. On EU I rarely ever see one. If I do, I just concede and move on.

    Asia however, is DEGENERATE. I see bots upon bots all the way up to Gold 5. I can concede 5 in a row sometimes. The bots can't advance beyond this point, and they can't since any lower. So they all sit there and ruin the game for everyone around them.

    What Do They Get by Botting Low Ranks?

    XP. Tons and Tons of XP. After making my own bot on a new account, and running it for just Friday through Monday, I took it form level 48 to level 61.

    I have a bot that accepted an add form me on my friends list. I see him botting most of the time, and occasionally I see the player him self playing. As you might guess, he plays STANDARD and doesn't give a damn about his ranks in wild. Its just free gold to him. My guess is all the other bots are the same. They play standard, and farm wild in their off time.

    So I Made My Own Bot

    After seeing this guy on my friends list, I had to know just how much he was getting, how hard it was for him to do this, and exactly how many people are botting on average over the course of a day.

    • My win rate was 48-79 (38%) and I climbed from Silver 5 -> 2.
    • I took the rewards track form 48 to 61.
    • 26 out of 127 games were vs another bot, which I determined by going through the HSReplay replays.
    • 25 wins were just concedes form people who refused to play vs a bot. This effect can allow bots to climb by luck to the next rank floor, which is why I can't just get away form them.

    Even When You Report Them, Blizzard Does Nothing.

    First, I tweeted all the dev's I could on twitter. I posted to many Iksar AMA's and got nothing. Somewhat understandable but I did try.

    Last month, I took the time to record several encounters with the bots and sent them to Blizzard. They told me to send them to their hacks department. While it does say that they don't reply to emails, the bot on my friends list that I reported is still going on.

    Something Has to Be Done

    Its super easy to make a bot. All you need is any regular macro program to control a mouse and record a basic loop. Winning helps, but just staying in the game is all it takes to get something for nothing.

    This problem will only get worse. I see people all the time with legend card backs and paid portraits. These aren't just people making fresh accounts to sell. They feel invincible.

    On all other servers, lower ranked wild is really fun, and they are going to ruin it.

    submitted by /u/Anon-Hearthstone
    [link] [comments]

    20.4.2 Patch Notes

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    A Simple Purpose

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    New portrait for demon hunter after you reach 1000 wins

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    It is past 10am pt where are they?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    "Out of my swamp"

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    After almost 4 years and countless Paladin/Priest runs, I finally finished Dungeon Run on all 9 classes.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Can't advance fight because Vapos randomly generated Polymorph Boar... so fun and well designed!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    A Dragon, a Dragon, and a Gon

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    [Not for gold] Lazul is in the shop

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    winds! OBEY my command!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    I know I'm very late, but I just got my favorite card back! I won using Jade Druid. Malchezar managed to knock me down to 1 health but it wasn't enough!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    Turn 1, Two card OTK for this week's tavern brawl

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Casual turn 1

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Having trouble with the “party of adventurers” fight

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    Like the title says, I'm stuck. I've tried it with each ally twice, and all I've gathered is that Rokara is the worst (both games I lost on turn 6). Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/CaraKino
    [link] [comments]

    Is N'zoth God of the Deep a good craft?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    I've got a bit of spare dust and I recently opened a trash legendary from a pack so would is N'zoth worth doing a bit of dusting for? I am interesting in making a menagerie deck for it?

    submitted by /u/Public-Today2224
    [link] [comments]

    I Finished Some Achievements!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    My custom physical priest deck!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I have been a huge fan and player of the game since release. I began playing priest and have not stopped since. I am also a very big card deck collector. I have always wanted to hold and admire a physical copy of a priest deck. For years I tried to find HS cards I could hold but never quite found what I was looking for. Well I found a place that will customize entire decks. When I opened the box I was absolutely stunned. It's what I've been looking for for such a long time. The quality of these cards is absolutely insane. I greatly admire and appreciate the art from the Blizzard team and to hold them in my hand exponentiates my admiration. I love decks of cards and this is by far now my favorite deck. A little about the cards: they are standard poker size cards. They are coated with a gloss finish and holographic finish which you can see in the videos. The edges are also gold coated. I ordered 2 decks but I'm keeping the other one unopened. I really wanted to share these with the community. I hope you guys like them as much as I do.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/h8vJouY

    submitted by /u/_Arlen_
    [link] [comments]

    "I hope I'll get overlapping quests this week!" Hearthstone:

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Guff Mutanus fight!!!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    How the heck do you beat that? He keeps reloading with them murlocs on steroids every time I clear. Holy moly is it rough. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/hsmaniac1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment