• Breaking News

    Monday, March 30, 2020

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Theorycrafting Thursday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss some of the more intricate aspects of the game.

    Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    how streamer early access feels

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Blizzard, you must allow us to do this, it's about time.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Interesting

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Are you also more often received quests for 50 gold (patch 17.0)?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Shouldn’t Power Infusion have explanation text in parenthesis (like other buffs of the basic set)?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    I didn't notice until now that there is a way too easy combo for Elise (Tombs of Terror) now, for which you just need two cards...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    3 years ago, I was able to meet one of my favorite streaming personalities at a Fireside Gathering. His owners were nice too, I guess.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    I’ve wanted to do this for so long

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    So I did a big old murloc switcheroo to counter my opponent

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Quarantine got me like

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Zayle, Shadow Cloak decks have been updated!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I haven't seen any updates or posts discussing this, so I figured mine would be the first. My apologies if this is something that everyone except me knew about, but I'm willing to bet that it's not.

    EDIT: This post was already made regarding it so go check that out if you want.

    A friend and I were playing some Hearthstone and goofing around, and he decided to play one of Zayle's decks. When we started the game, he was playing Quest Shaman, so we realized that the decks Zayle gives you must have been updated, since Zayle was released during Rise of Shadows, but the Shaman quest was from the next expansion, Saviors of Uldum. Makes sense, since some of the cards in those decks may be moving to wild and the devs may have wanted to keep Zayle standard only for now.

    I hopped over to practice mode and played a few rounds against the innkeeper in practice just to see what had changed, and here's what I discovered:

    -Every deck has been updated, and the update was relatively recent - there are a few cards from Galakrond's Awakening in there.

    -Shaman had some pretty big changes, it's now a Quest Shaman deck containing a few lackeys and aggro/swarm tools.

    -Priest is still focusing on Silence Priest, though there are a few smaller Res Priest options thrown in there as well with cards like Injured Tolvir and Psychopomp.

    -Warrior is still mostly Bomb Warrior, and it's been updated with cards like Bomb Wrangler. There's also a larger emphasis on Lackeys in this deck than there was in the original.

    -Rogue is still Lackey Rogue, with new cards like Grand Lackey Erkh to help it out. Probably the deck that changed the least.

    -Warlock had some big changes too: it's now a Quest Warlock deck with basically all of the cards that you'd expect from that kind of deck.

    I didn't make comprehensive deck lists for each because I don't have the time/patience to do so, but if someone wants to for whatever reason that would be great.

    So the question remains...are these decks better than they were?

    Well, I'll admit I'm not the best at judging the power of different decks in this game, and I haven't played any of them on ladder yet. But from what I can tell, they do seem at least marginally better than they were (except for maybe Priest which still kinda sucks). However, it doesn't seem like they're crazy good now, so I doubt that these changes make Zayle 100% ladder viable.

    submitted by /u/Gavadar
    [link] [comments]

    Finally I can play my 9 mana Darius Crowley.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    At first I couldn't understand why I only discovered 2 cards when he had 6 in hand but after he played his cards I understood... It seems you can't discover Invoke cards even if they are in your opponnent hand now. Do you think this should be treated as a buff or as a bug?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Blizzard found a way to take the anxiety out of my ladder matches!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Hmmm yes, strategy

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    The worst quest to get during the Mechazod tavern brawl

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    My mind falters...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    It turns out the only thing holding me back was having a job!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    I honored my favourite one-armed troll by getting golden hunter portrait with him just when he's about to rotate. Farewell.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    I've played Hearthstone for 3 years now and didn't know this was a thing. I had all 4 hero power generated totems on the field and couldn't summon more.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I finally did the Priest Mech'thun combo! Took me around 10 painful tries

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I felt so good after this one.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    When youve been stuck in rank 10 for 3 days, but blizzard is here to help.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Goodbye, Witchwood Piper. You were my favorite card since I joined right after Witchwood was released, and I'm glad you still see some play. Wild welcomes you.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment