• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Theorycrafting Thursday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss some of the more intricate aspects of the game.

    Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Slasher: Blizzard will once again not allow Collegiate Hearthstone teams player cams or post game interviews following American University's sign of protest in support of blitzchung last week

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    The new Valeera skin is awful. Let’s change it

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Hey all, J_alexander_hs back again today to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: how Blizzard botched the new Rogue skin.

    I know some of you may like the pirate skin, and if this was some kind of Halloween event, I'd be right there with you. But it's not. This is a skin that is supposed to show off an achievement in the game; something you're supposed to be proud to use. As a long-time Rogue main, this skin fails me spectacularly.

    For starters, all the other skins depict the character in the game, whether directly or at least something that happened to them at some point in the story: Garrosh may look weird, but at least it represents something that happened in his story arc. Anduin may look more like a paladin than a priest, but it does follow his arc through the story.

    Valeera is not a pirate. Valeera doesn't have one eye. She doesn't wear a frilly white shirt. These make it look like they just dropped a silly costume on her. Don't want to take my word for it? Then just look at the paladin portrait for the last Halloween event: red cap, eye patch, frilly white shirt. That's a costume. Valeera is just wearing a costume here and it doesn't inspire me to want to use her.

    (Comparison here: https://twitter.com/j_alexander_hs/status/1183017762446348288?s=21)

    Making things worse, not every Rogue is going to be a pirate. The theme/costume of this portrait pigeonholes the class as being about one thing. When I want to play a non-pirate deck, I'd like a non-pirate skin as an option.

    Further, the background of the portrait is absurdly bright for a Rogue. It's white. It makes the daggers blend into the background at times. It's just not thematic in colors even if you like the design.

    I know this might seem like not a big deal, but these are supposed to have value. It's something I've waited years for the game to introduce and it got botched immediately. To call it disappointing is a huge understatement.

    In fact, I can't help but wonder (conspiracy alert) as to whether the portrait was made it was because the art is trying to tone down sexually suggestive images and the team had to, effectively, find a way to put a shirt on her to please some censors, and a pirate theme was a simple way to do so. But even if that was the case, there are better ways to cover her body up.

    Please, join me in denouncing this abomination and get it replaced with something meaningful.

    submitted by /u/Popsychblog
    [link] [comments]

    My artwork of Malfurion Stormrage :) This time I wanted to get as close as possible to HS's current artstyle

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    As I understand it, Blizzard is continually attemtping to cover up and silence support for Hong Kong - supposedly to maintain a friendly relationship with China, a massive part of Blizzard's customer base. Here's a piece I made at college - one more every day until Blizzard stops this political game

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    My account got banned for cheating, this was my last game a couple hours ago.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    I got an uncraftable card for my arena reward.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Card art shows that you're supposed to take a Worthy Expedition to a Hidden Oasis

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    That's a weird looking minion

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    Your presents offend me!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    its wabbit hunting season!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Android unplayable

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    Since the last update my game crashes right in the middle of a game. I've lost a few arena runs because of this. It's quite frustrating. I've even tried to reinstall. No luck. The game has never done this before. What gives? This really sucks because I'd like to play during Hallows End...anyone else having this problem on Android?

    submitted by /u/iProjectPat
    [link] [comments]

    Top Cards of the Week from r/CustomHearthstone (10/12/2019)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    What we got vs what we could get (they should also have new animations and voice lines)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    This just happened to me... He was playing Quest Shaman and I alredy "won" the game while i had 20 life, - Hir'eek, the Bat into Evolve... 3 Kings For real????

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    How do you overcome Ladder Anxiety?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    I first played HS in GvG, when control warrior, face hunter and control mage were rampant, as a new player it was rough to play a long match just to lose horribly to a enraged Grom or an Ice Block/Alextrasza/Fireball party and that affected me to the point of queuing less and finally dropping the game.

    Lately, even before the last controversy, I installed the game again, really wanting to play, crafted an nice Combo Priest but I'm struggling to queue and start to climb ranks again. It's weird because I can play ranked matches happily in a lot of games but not in HS.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ranhg
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to set up a long game buff deck. I'm pretty new as well. Any tips?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    I started playing two days ago. To be honest, I don't know much about the game. Just basic rules. If you have tips on how to get better, or what to pay attention to, that'd be great as well. I play a bit of magic and tend to run long game buff decks that deal lots of damage near the end. I don't know anything good for Hearthstone though.

    submitted by /u/Soooop_
    [link] [comments]

    woulb anyon lik BIG cRÄb?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    Reloaded 3 times, but they still want me to remember what game I’m playing.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    Can we please use golden event cards?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    give everyone the golden and the non-golden version. problem solved. everyone is happy.

    submitted by /u/Quarrk
    [link] [comments]

    Dual-Class Arena is the best part of Hearthstone

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    I just wanted to praise this wonderful addition to Hearthstone. I typically don't play arena because I find it rather samey after a while, but dual class arena is 100x more variable. Every draft feels different, as there's so many cards to draft and so many new synergies.

    In addition, removing the classic/basic sets has made this arena so much more interesting. It definitely takes a few runs to figure out what you need to play around and what is usually safe, but that's a huge part of the fun. It flips class choosing on it's head as each class feels different than I'm used to.

    I've never had so much fun in the middle of a set rotation in Hearthstone since I started playing during GVG. Amidst everything going on surrounding Blizzard, I would like to thank the Hearthstone team for such an awesome addition. I would love to see more like it!

    submitted by /u/WhurDaMuffinsAt
    [link] [comments]

    Was in a bad spot in the Tavern Brawl, but he played Titanic Lackey on his own head...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment