• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 14, 2021

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a PullsDay Thursday weekly post, for those who want to share their pulled packs.

    [Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!](https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/wiki/resources#wiki_sticky_threads)

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? [Message the moderators.](http://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fhearthstone)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This is how to play HS on galaxy Z fold 3

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    Blizzard Reneges Hearthstone Rewards for Existing WoW 6-Month Subs

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    I posted a couple weeks ago about not receiving my hearthstone rewards, despite being a 6 month subscriber to WoW. The original post said that if you had purchased a subscription anytime after July 1st, 2021 and before October 19, 2021 then you were eligible for the rewards. Note - I did turn off my auto renew after my sub renewed mid-July.

    I spoke with one GM through a lengthy conversation, who was adamant that I was not eligible for the rewards because I did not have my renew date on. When I pointed out the wording in the post said "OR" not "AND", they looked into it. They then followed up with me to tell me that I would be eligible for the rewards and that they had not rolled out yet. Almost 2 weeks go by and I reopened the ticket to follow-up on this. I received a response from a different GM that mimicked the first one, saying that I was not eligible. I asked for a follow-up, then I received a response from another different GM saying the exact same thing. I went full Karen and asked for it to be pushed further up, because the post claiming who was eligible and what they were saying were drastically different.

    Finally got a response from a Manager, who closed my ticket fully and told me I was wrong. They referred back to the same support page that I was referencing the whole time - and to my surprise, I found they had just updated and changed the verbiage.

    Here are my back and forths with the GMs.

    Here are the differences in support pages. The first image is from the day this promo was announced. The second is the page they just updated yesterday. Notice how in the first one, the language implies that as long as you have purchased a 6 month sub after 7/1 you are eligible. In the second one, it specifically says you have to have a future renew date.

    At the end of the day, part of my request was that they needed to change the support page if I was wrong and it looks like they did. However, the language seems pretty clear in their initial support and the first GM came back to me after investigation and said I should be eligible. Leads me to believe this was a change of heart by Blizz.

    EDIT: Here is my account status. I had some people DM me and tell me I was probably mistaken on my status. Proof that I renewed in July and my account is active through January.

    EDIT2: I submitted a ticket to see if they can reactivate my renewal, so that I would renew in January when my 6 month sub ends. I was told they cannot do that and I would need to purchase a new subscription. So I asked for clarification on whether my account would be charged immediately or in January. I was told that if there is a promotion going on, then your account is charged immediately. Here is the response I received.

    EDIT3: Keep getting DMs asking for things, keep adding stuff in the edits. Proof that I have received the Sapphire Skyblazer promo item for the 6 Month subscription.

    submitted by /u/OrphanWaffles
    [link] [comments]

    His spirit lives on

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Was a control priest main now I have embraced the shadows

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    A 'Fair' Trade Exchange

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    Thanks for Reminding.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Why does every deck need to have an OTK?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Like I dont even feel safe at 30 health anymore going past turn 7. I just sit there waiting to be killed because I didnt hit the insane draw that lets me murder my opponent quicker. Why is every second match: hope to curve - quest reward from opponent - fuck you.

    submitted by /u/Abel9876
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s go new friend

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    Me smart

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    What happened to the xp feedback and animation when you finish the game?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    After the update I can no longer see how much xp I got from the game and xp that gets added when I finish the quest. Anyone else have this?

    submitted by /u/meneldor_hs
    [link] [comments]

    Every time.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    All available information of the 52 mercenaries - Visual Guide

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    So animations are kinda broken…

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    I'm in wild at diamond 1 with 3 stars and on my final game to legend. I'm playing ignite mage against alignment Druid.

    He played alignment and I knew mecha'thun was coming next turn. Alas, he had too much armour and I wouldn't be able to kill him during my turn even though I had the otk combo.

    So I had an idea. I played both sanctum Chandler, both molten reflections, and both sorcerers apprentice. I then started spamming every single spell I had in my hand and kept on cycling ignites until my turn ended.

    At this point I had no cards in my deck, 12 health and he still had 20 health and a full board of big minions. So all he had to do was reduce me to 1 health and let fatigue take me.

    But my idea worked! After my turn ended I can see my opponent hovering over his minions and my minions, but he couldn't take any actions!

    I watched as his turn slowly burned away and the rope appears, and even as the rope approaches the end button he still can't do anything. No armour gain. No hitting my face. No clearing my board. No mecha'thun.

    As his turn ended it was all too easy for me to kill him with my still alive combo board and my hard hitting ignites, and I won the game to hit legend.

    So yea. Animations are kinda broken.

    submitted by /u/KripperinoArcherino
    [link] [comments]

    The Achievements UI sucks

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    You would think something like this would have the same satisfying feel as closing all your tabs when you finish an assignment. But the lag involved with completing steps is awful and makes the whole experience a pain. I swear half of the clicks don't even register due to the delay.

    Also my orange dust ends in a 9 (i.e. somewhere I got 9 dust, so now it's not a multiple of 10 wtf?). This is like the new "5 gold" from arena.

    Also, is there even any point in collecting the orange dust? (I've recently returned to HS after a 2 year break)

    submitted by /u/heythisisntmyspace
    [link] [comments]

    Ok I think i completed battlegrounds

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    Where is he gone?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    My friend helped me get a gold fish of n’zoth. Chaos ensued.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    Have you pre-purchased any mercenaries bundles?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Mostly just curious I don't intend on buying any but I wanted to see how the community felt

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/nikkizkmbid
    [link] [comments]

    Wild Guess - Mercenaries PvP will look like crazy Pokemon fights + Bluffs

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Little is known about the mercenaries mode, even more its PvP mode.
    What we know of relevant that we can imagine will happen is;

    • Normally we will build "decks" of 6 mercenaries, during the fight, we will only use 3 at a time, when one dies, you will put another mercenary from your deck in place, until all your mercenaries die or you defeat your enemy
    • We know that in PvE you will be able to see what actions your opponents will take against you before you choose your abilities. But it doesn't make sense that in PvP it's the same thing, so what I imagine will happen is that each player will choose their abilities and then both will see what will happen in the given order of attack speed.
    • There are 3 types of mercenaries, where one is counter to the other
    • More powerful skills have cooldown

    Keeping this in mind, trying to imagine it all in action, you can see that we will have decisions in PvP where we will have to bluff our actions.

    I'll give you an example of this;

    Lich King possesses the powerful 2-turn cooldown ability "Frostshield: Gain Taunt this turn. After an enemy attacks this merc, freeze then until the end of the next turn." For those not used to mercenaries, many characters (fighters/protectors) have attack abilitys, and when a taunt is raised before they attacked, they will change the target to taunt, freezing for 1 turn, and as you can imagine, in this game losing 1 turn frozen is VERY BAD.

    That is, when you're facing a Lich King after 2 turns, you'll have to worry about this ability and you'll wonder "Will my opponent use the ability this turn? Or should I risk it", and the opponent will also have You have to wonder if he should use his ability just when the cooldown came out!

    Anyway, I found these thoughts interesting and wanted to share with you guys. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Tesdey
    [link] [comments]

    The secret longing in your heart when on the back-foot in Battlegrounds.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    SCOOP: Activision Blizzard violated federal labor law via interrogations of staff and coercive rules, statements, and actions

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    Do we have any news about possible balance changes?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I mean Alec Dawson said the other day that by 10th of september would be decided if changes are needed, I'm aware that standard meta is pretty diverse right now but some cards like Runed Mithril Rod and some quest-lines still feel problematic specially The Demon Seed which's warping the entire wild meta.

    (If you'd ask me how to fix this I would take the fatigue damage out of the equation, exponential damage is a big no-no)

    submitted by /u/misterkarmaniac
    [link] [comments]

    Any cheap deck to get out of Apprentice rank?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    I am just f2p player and i don't know what deck to craft to get out of apprentice rank i always get defeated by questline decks. And the only questline that i have is druid quest and people said it's bad.

    My legendaries are: Druid quest, plaguemaw, Yrel, Tavish, slate, Cornelius

    People said this legendaries are bad so i don't know what to craft.

    submitted by /u/Blitzery
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment