• Breaking News

    Friday, August 20, 2021

    Hearthstone How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?

    Hearthstone How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?


    How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    See Blizzard, this isn't hard

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    �� I've painted Dekkster as he was a Hearthstone card!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    What do you think?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    If Charged Call was honest:

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    To be honest... Now I understand Kripp

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    I was a player completely like Kripp. I don't know if I am a Johnny, Timmy, or Spike but to me the fun of the game was in deckbuilding and then trying different new decks. I liked control, not as much because of the game PLAN but because of the game PLAY.

    I liked playing the game and trying that Hogger everyone said was bad, and to me cards like "Reno Jackson" were one of the best cards ever because that gave me a very chance against most aggro decks (That could kill you as soon as 4 most of the time so you couldn't be THAT greedy) and made me think before playing a card because... what if I waste this Brawl or Lightbomb and there is another card or board later that I can't defeat? N'zoth decks were fun because you could try deathrattles that usually weren't that great by themselves and put them in and try to outplay the opponent. You could waste a couple turns baiting removal and it was fun seeing someone fall for the bait and then playing my real threat! Discover was fun but even thought it was incredibly awesome to find something, it was painful to see people discovering a second or third brawl and well, destroying your game plan. Still, to me the game was great during this time.

    Kripp noticed how Aggro was overpowering the game. Even most streamers said this game was so enjoyable because, even though the best and more fun decks were usually Control decks, aggro could overpower most of them most of the time and usually aggro was WAAAAY cheaper than the other notably called Wallet Warrior or Whale Priests.

    Kripp stopped enjoying the meta more and more and I distinctly remember how Kibler, usually so controlled and happy about anything blew up against a Pirate Warrior that killed him on 3 or 4 before he couldn't even play his deck. At those times I thought it was fair but exaggerated. Once BGs were out I noticed how Kripp stopped playing arena and how little by little he wouldn't even play on expansion days because... well, the game was becoming so fast he couldn't really experiment with the cards and everyone yelled about how faster and faster the meta was being bottlenecked into only a few decks and how he went from playing ladder and getting legend day 1, to only playing friends trying control decks, to last time, playing like a couple hours and never touching constructed again.

    I remember thinking Kripp was such a wuss baby because well, the meta was getting worse indeed, but it was still PLAYABLE.

    Well... now I can say I feel like a wuss baby myself because I really can't stand the meta. I played this game and bought almost every bundle, bought extra packs day 1, bought most portraits... and now I don't feel like playing. Every single thing about the game that I enjoyed was taken from me because I can't deckbuild anymore with a decent winrate. I can't try new cards and new decks because I won't be winning because I outplayed my opponent, but because I outdamaged him by turn 7.

    I played day 1 of the expansion and got legend with a Shadow Control Priest and I can't even get to 25% winrate anymore with any control deck because people found that deck that they can kill you by 6 or let you die by 7, and trying getting to turn 10 sounds like a pipe dream. And I tought to myself "I will just play BGs until the nerf comes" but the nerfs came and the meta feels exactly the same for me. Paladin is not OP anymore but everything else feels just as OP. Every Control deck\Iksar would say) just tries to put 2 8-xs by turn 5 on the board and windfury the shit out of you with Battleground Battlemaster you from 30 life next turn. Every Aggro deck just says "I'll go face and lose if he punishes me not trading" and every Combo deck tries to Solitaire you before you can do anything on turn 7.

    I feel like the game I liked, is not there anymore, and I feel like they want to keep me with Classic but I just feel disrespected that they made me invest in an evergreen set that actually wasn't evergreen and instead of giving me the dust like they promised, they HoFed all the cards and said "you can try classic instead" and with a meta that was decided years ago... it's not interesting for me as a deckbuilder after a month because... well, the meta was already decided.

    Kripp... I was an idiot and you are definitely a lot smarter than me or most of us. You saw where the game was heading long before anyone of us did and made a choice that I couldn't understand at the time and now I see you were on the right all this time.

    submitted by /u/ArtoriasWolfSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Hot take: downside mechanics should remain downsides and not become another strength. Self damage and overload shouldn't fuel an incredibly powerful and oppressive archetype, because it eventually, invariably gets out of control. You can have cards to mitigate these effects, but not make them a boon

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    If you're not going to nerf the quest decks anytime soon, at least nerf crystallizer. Please blizzard, wild players are begging you.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Crystallizer is by far the most unfair card in the wild questlock deck. I'm playing a aggro/combo mix deck that should have a good winrate against questlock but I go 50% or worse against questlock. What's the deciding factor? If the opponent plays crystallizer or not. Raise dead makes this card even more broken. It's just not even close to fair.

    Please, blizzard. "Convert 5 of your health into armor". It's such an easy fix.

    submitted by /u/Phantaxein
    [link] [comments]

    Yrel's visual bug still hasn't been addressed. Posting picture for clarity.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    Why are we not talking more about how this game is getting near unplayable on mobile?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    Heya,

    Hearthstone player since beta and since 1-2 years ago pretty much mobile only. Mostly playing standard constructed in top 1000 legend depending on time. Writing this post to hopefully bring more attention to the awful state this game currently is in on mobile devices. Played many different cardgames over the years but always end up back in Hearthstone eventually because of the feel of the game.

    While the current discussions on this forum mostly centers around how boring and uninteractive all the solitaire decks are I have a different much bigger concern with the current state of hearthstone and the path the game is on. Over the last few expansions miracle style decks have become more prevalent on the ladder. This is an enourmous issue for anyone trying to play this game at a remotely serious level (or just trying to have fun for that matter) on a mobile device. Anyone who has ever played on mobile will have experienced the extremely long animation times and probably also how trying to perform many fast actions in a row causes the game to stutter and/or crash. I've been fine-ish knowing I can't play for example rogue decks (secret passage) or miracle priest, even though I expect more from a company such as Blizzard. This expansion however really killed the game for mobile players. Not only are mobile players locked out from playing a combo deck but we also face combo decks every other game that burns our entire turn timer.

    While I don't think it's acceptable not being able to play these kinds of decks on mobile I've been somewhat fine with it as I've been able to enjoy the game with other decks. However with how prevalent combo decks are right now, facing them every other game I can't even play other decks on the ladder. I regularly get left with 5-10 seconds of my turn timer to evalute the new board state and try to figure out a response after having to sit through over a minute of animations. This is definitely not an acceptable gameplay experience. I've been casually playing battlegrounds to try and enjoy the game during this expansion as ladder is nigh unplayable but the issues on mobile are almost as bad if not worse there. Forget trying to play any strategy that requires any kind of APM. The animations will always leave you with less time on your hands than your opponents and if you try to cycle things the game will start to stutter and screw you over. Just buying Charlgga and Lightfang and praying that you hit it big gets old real fast.

    I'm aware this is not a new issue (Hi Nozdormu) but it's been an increasing trend the last few expansions with many decks requiring heavy draw and many animations (secret passage and soul shards being main offenders) and it seems to be the path Blizzard is taking with Hearthstone. I do very much enjoy the balancing direction Blizzard is on. However something desperately needs to get done in order to make this game enjoyable and playable on mobile devices again.

    submitted by /u/Jezii
    [link] [comments]

    Of course because what else would I want???

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Thank you so much blizzard.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Just a normal ghoul. nothing to see here

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:00 AM PDT

    The state of things

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    I did some Stormwind impressions for you guys!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    This week's brawl is a lot of fun if you want to play Constructed but don't like the meta right now.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    It's just to build a deck only using cards from Rastakhan's Rumble, Whispers of the Old Gods and Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.

    Some really fun deckbuilding options there. I've won some games with Zentimo and Jade Lightning.

    submitted by /u/peon47
    [link] [comments]

    hoping the second part becomes true

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    As the one deck that counters me I can't believe they fell for this

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Finally got that spicy pretzel mustard

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    Outstanding Move

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Sure I have no hand left, but how could I say no?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    You love to see it.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    Suggestion: Display achievement progress on hero selection screen in the Battlegrounds. Or am I the only one who does not remeber it?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment