• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 23, 2021

    Hearthstone Frustratestone!

    Hearthstone Frustratestone!


    Frustratestone!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Optional tragic climax between step three and four

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    Only the bravest of heroes stood against Archimonde

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    This still has to be the best trailer/hype a Hearthstone trailer has brought.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I hope they add "Take a closer look" function in-game/match, its such a shame that stunning art like this only accessible through collections

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    According to this message, I manage to win every time I disconnect

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    What’s even the point of comp after winning 5 games for the week?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    One of the biggest problems facing Hearthstone is that it feels nothing like what it markets: a casual night of fun card games in a Tavern

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    I grew up in hobby shops and friends basements playing Magic. There were few things I looked forward to as much as sitting down with friends to try my latest deck (whether it was a meme or something I actually thought would work) to play games. We'd play for hours. We didn't care how much we won or lost. We just played, because it was fun to play.

    Over the years, I've gone to casual magic nights, yu-gi-oh hangouts, friday night magic, regional tournaments and more. Naturally, I started playing Hearthstone as soon as it came out and I've been playing ever since. I've logged probably 13-14k games in that time if not more.

    One of the most appealing things about Hearthstone was the way it marketed itself. A fun way to play around with the lore of WoW in the casual atmosphere of a Tavern. It conjured nostalgia in me, as it took me back to my days of sitting down to play with friends without a care in the world. The early days of Hearthstone felt a little bit like that.

    Today, it doesn't feel at all like that.

    There's no sense of community and casual fun for many players in this game. Don't get me wrong, people like Kibler, Regis and Dekkster keep it going by just throwing random spaghetti at the wall. I always love to tune in to one of their streams to see what kind of fun experiments they have going, because it really does kindle that sense of experimentation and fun that card games are supposed to be about.

    Actually playing it, in any mode, feels different (except Casual). The ladder experience feels more like a friday night magic tournament than a casual hangout. You feel constantly evaluated. Did you rank up? Did you win? The whole experience feels boiled around the concept of "do you win enough?" and that feels absolutely antithetical to the fun tavern atmosphere they try to sell.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a lack of any competitive option is the ideal. Not having a way to compete, test your skill and try to play in a more serious way would kill a lot of the spirit of the game. But driving players to ladder grinds is murdering it much, much more consistently.

    There will be a LOT of players who disagree with me, I'm sure. People will respond to this thread with "then just don't care about rank." As someone who has been hanging out around 1k legend lately, I can tell you that I hit the apex of this ladder fatigue the higher I climbed. First I wanted to get to legend every month. Then I wanted to see if I could get to "higher" legend. Now that I'm there, I want to guard my 11x bonus stars. I literally haven't played a single game of ranked in a few weeks on the standard ladder, because I don't want to sabotage the benefits of my end of month rank. You can argue I shouldn't care. I argue that the devs shouldn't have a system that incentivizes that mentality.

    A while back, PlayHearthstone released a video showcasing a tavern battle, where an elf an a gaudy dude played a game. At the end, the try-hard elf won and he was surprised to see everyone flocked to the other guy, who had more fun even though he lost. It's hilarious how completely opposite that ad is to the actual feeling of playing Hearthstone.

    Bring back the fun, casual nature to the game. Rethink the endless ladder grinds, and put a bigger emphasis on having casual fun, with competitive options that are there for those who want them, but don't feel forced on us. Make this game about fun again.

    submitted by /u/AlvasVisceron
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out that Battlegrounds minions were originally called Mercenaries.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    Tavern Brawl this week is... "Send in the Murlocs!" (June 23, 2021)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    Description: "Murlocs have taken over the tavern! Choose a class and get a deck of random class spells and a whole mess of murlocs!"

    Chalkboard

    Format: Randomized / pick a class

    Reward: one Year of the Phoenix pack for your first win

    History: This is the fifth time we've seen this format, and the last time took place last October. Here's the event thread from last time.

    Also worth noting: both sides start the game with the Shaman quest Unite the Murlocs. That calls for playing 10 murlocs, which rewards the Megafin minion. He's a 8/8 for (5) who also fills your hand with random murlocs.

    Good luck & have fun!

    submitted by /u/AintEverLucky
    [link] [comments]

    It’s been hard but after a long grind and a lot of effort I finally made it to rank 1!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    did the boss just-

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    Proud to say that I hit Legend: Друг

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    Edwin is not amused

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    The highroll of this week's brawl

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    But you're not attacking it...

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Fixed it

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    Poor guy slaughtered again

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    Someone call the IRS, I'm printing money.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    Anyone who still hasn't gotten the achievement for Rokara's Book of Mercenaries even though you already completed it, just do it again now after the latest update and it'll finally complete.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    I redid it a few times over the last couple months, but it finally completed after the latest update.

    submitted by /u/shaze
    [link] [comments]

    Absolute value in my tess rogue

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    I'm not even mad at his turn 1 play

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    It is so satisfying for a newbie like me to be able build a decent murloc deck. I am currently climbing ranks, is it viable in higher ranks?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment