• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 25, 2020

    Hearthstone Guys, I have a master plan to get Blizzard to print Echo on Witch’s Brew

    Hearthstone Guys, I have a master plan to get Blizzard to print Echo on Witch’s Brew


    Guys, I have a master plan to get Blizzard to print Echo on Witch’s Brew

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:24 AM PST

    So hear me out. Because Witch's Brew is not an Echo card, its cost can still be reduced to 0. So if we can make a combo deck with Witch's Brew abusing the fact that it can cost 0, Blizzard will have no choice but to consider it an echo card so it can't be used to OTK anymore. Here is my proposed combo:

    1. Play a Highlander deck so you can get Zephrys to give you Sorcerer's Apprentice
    2. Play Sorcerer's Apprentice (2 Mana)
    3. Play Faceless Manipulator on Apprentice (7 Mana total)
    4. Play any 3 drop and Mutate it into Auchenai Soulpriest (10 Mana total)
    5. Play Witch's Brew on your opponent's face until they die

    Now many cynics would say the combo is unreliable to due the fact that it's a low chance to Mutate into Auchenai, and the fact that since it's a Highlander deck it would be hard to draw into the combo pieces. But to that I would say it either happens or it doesn't so it's 50/50 at worst.

    So please, help make this deck meta so Witch's Brew becomes Echo.

    submitted by /u/Rounder257
    [link] [comments]

    Me when I play Warrior.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Join me, my brothers and sisters, in summoning the New Year announcement!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Lift up your hands and let the summoning begin!

    summoning intensifies

    ps, why do they say things like "very, very, very soon" and "reaaaaaallllyy soon" when they probably mean Thursday? If the announcement truly is Thursday, I'd never tell someone I'm gonna see on Thursday "Hey, so I'll see you reaaaaaallllly soon!".

    pps, someone fix Blizzard's word usage as it gets up false hope. If it's Thursday just say "later this week".

    submitted by /u/Rhovan22
    [link] [comments]

    Tirion's Placement Distribution [Battlegrounds]

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Bruh

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:17 AM PST

    Name a More Iconic Duo

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:07 PM PST

    So many skeletons, ghouls, ghosts etc. and still no “undead” class... could be some nice mechanics tho

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 01:08 AM PST

    I think we can stop refreshing

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:19 AM PST

    If there was any announcement for today, they would've posted it 20 minutes ago (10 am), no?

    submitted by /u/KrushRock
    [link] [comments]

    I hate the game sometimes

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:53 AM PST

    The Hearthstone Cards We're Going to Miss When Year of the Dragons Ends - The Witchwood Edition

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    The Real OTK Blood Troll Sapper Combo!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

    My game language is german, but I have one single card whose effect is italian. Is that just some kind of a glitch or can I own cards in different languages?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:53 AM PST

    Lore of Legendaries: Descent of Dragons

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 09:17 AM PST

    Zephrys not giving lethal?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:49 AM PST

    How come when polymorph would give me lethal, zephrys still gives me hex instead?

    Also, why is there never a hex option when there's a lone bad luck albatross on the field? Instead I get the tempo options as if it were an empty boardstate.

    EDIT never mind - I just read on the wiki that polymorph is never offered for some reason. That seems..... not ideal for the perfect wish.

    submitted by /u/Ryantacular
    [link] [comments]

    Fixed: Show solidarity with Witch's Brew

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Super weird amazing reno bug

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:24 AM PST

    So I was just playing a game of highlander Mage when I noticed that my opponent had infinite spelldamge +2. I was relatively pissed and wondered why he had this advantage. It turns out that if you use Amazing Reno when you have an Azerite Elemental (The one that gains +2 spelldamage at the start of your turn) it doesn't really disappear *poof* because the effect is still active for the player who had the Elemental. It's not really gamebreaking but I maybe there are some other effects that stay active even though the minions disappeared. (I tested it. It really works. But I am not sure if it works with normal spell damage.)

    submitted by /u/MinoisMino
    [link] [comments]

    Let this sink in for a second. After next rotation our perfect little Mech boy will be gone the way of the Ragnaros and shall be missed. Will there be any other cards you all shall miss?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 08:16 AM PST

    Duplicates in highlander - is it worth it?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 03:22 PM PST

    Duplicates in highlander - is it worth it?

    Hello everyone,

    For a long time the question of how worthwhile is putting duplicates in my highlander decks has bothered me.

    It's a problem not easy tackling considering I'm lazy.

    So since I'm that lazy, I programmed a Monte Carlo simulation that would estimate the probability of drawing all the dupes by some turn.

    For those of you who don't know, Monte Carlo simultaions try to estimated probabilties of events by trying them a large number of times.

    I ran 100000 simulations for each number of duplicates and summed the number of times that all the duplicates were drawn by turn X, as the hand size is part of the drawn cards.

    So here is a graph of all the histogrames layed on top of eachother:

    Probability of drawing all duplicates less than X draws

    So here we can see, as we expect, that when we increase the number of duplicates the chance of us drawing all of them by each turn lower.

    So let's look on the top 3 options: 1, 2 and 3 duplicates.

    1 duplicate:

    Probability of drawing in less than 10 ~~ 56%

    Probability of drawing in less than 15 ~~ 75.8%

    Probability of drawing in less than 20 ~~ 89%

    As we can see these are some good odds, especially for warlocks who can draw much faster.

    2 duplicates:

    Probability of drawing in less than 10 ~~ 30%

    Probability of drawing in less than 15 ~~ 56%

    Probability of drawing in less than 20 ~~ 80%

    We can see pretty worse results considering we added 1 more card.

    3 duplicates:

    Probability of drawing in less than 10 ~~ 15%

    Probability of drawing in less than 15 ~~ 41%

    Probability of drawing in less than 20 ~~ 72%

    As for 3 the odds really go down and in most of the time we don't draw all of the duplicates by the 15th draw.

    In my opinion if you are playing a class that can draw a lot really fast, such as warlock / rogue you may want to put 2 duplicates.

    Putting 1 duplicate is pretty safe with roughly 76% chance of drawing by draw 15.

    As for more than 2 I'd reccomend just stick to regular decks instead...

    I'd like to hear your thoughts on my little experiment and maybe suggestions.

    tl;dr

    - If you can draw quickly you can put 2 or less dupes in your highlander deck and succeeding most of the time.

    - 1 If you have a really good card you want to put extra

    - More than 2 - just don't

    Link for the github if anyone interested.

    https://github.com/sagivborn/Highlander-MC

    submitted by /u/sagivborn
    [link] [comments]

    I'm upset this action didn't trigger any special dialogue

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:08 AM PST

    Are any uncles that work at Blizzard online? I need to know if there will be an announcement today. Doctor’s orders for my blood pressure.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:44 AM PST

    Title ^ . Save my index finger from refreshing pls.

    submitted by /u/WhiteAsCanBe
    [link] [comments]

    Still no announcement but at least I know where to move to now :) (Raleigh, NC)

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:40 AM PST

    As fun as that idea was, he didn't think it through...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 09:59 AM PST

    My opponent play 30 30 Edwin in turn 5 and he still got 1 mana left :) I’m not even mad that is impressive !

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    A year of the dragon, mammoth, Raven ect tavern brawliseum would be a cool idea.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Same rules as any brawliseum so if it's year of the dragon brawliseum lock in a 30 card deck with year of the dragon cards only. You have access to all cards from those expansions. What kind of deck would you make?

    submitted by /u/jaruz01
    [link] [comments]

    What an absolute gamer

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:22 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment