• Breaking News

    Monday, November 18, 2019

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Hearthstone Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


    Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

    This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

    Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Theorycrafting Thursday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss some of the more intricate aspects of the game.

    Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

    Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    HS: BG needs custom Hybrids (dual minion types) in place of Nightmare Amalgam.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:50 AM PST

    This card is going to be a Dwarf riding a Gryphon!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:55 AM PST

    Blizzard, Please Don't give streamers early access to the full Descent of Dragons expansion

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:11 AM PST

    Hello /r/Hearthstone. I'm a casual Hearthstone player and Hearthstone twitch viewer, and I come to you today with one humble request to the Blizzard Hearthstone team: Please dont give streamers early access to the full Descent of Dragons expansion.

    I understand there's a business side to this. Blizzard wants to allow streamers to promote the new exapnsion and to build hype. However, I simply think this is the wrong way to go about achieving that goal. What giving streamers early access to the whole exanpsion does for me and others I've talked to is: Rather than building hype and excitement it kind of dimishes both of those qualities. Half the excitement in a new expansion is to try out stuff and see what works and what doesn't. Even if I choose to not watch any early access streams, simply knowing that a horde of streamers have already had plenty of time to try out all the new cards and essentially solve the new meta kills a lot of hype for me.

    So, what should Blizzard do instead? I have three suggestions that I believe would let them achieve their goal of building hype and excitement for the new expansion while simultaneously not tarnishing the excitement for players like me. They are as follow:

    • Give streamers access to a unique, expansion-specific Brawl. The Brawl can have all sorts of wacky rules and feature only new expansion cards. This way, the regular meta is not impacted but new cards are still being showcased.

    • Give streamers access to a special Arena implementation that (as just a suggestion) allows you to choose between the 5 Galakrond heroes. The decks start out with Galakron + some number of invoke cards, and then you build your arena deck from that starting point.

    • Give Streamers early access to the updated Battlegrounds mode, which will (presumably) include dragons and cards from the new expansion.

    Things I'm not excited for:

    • Giving streamers full early access to the whole expansion

    And, for me, the biggest reason of them all is the thrill of having a truly unified global release date. I still remember fondly back during the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne. Everyone, regardless of region or streamer-status got the expansion at the same time and the hype was so enormous. Kripparrian had I believe 120 000 viewers while opening packs at some point.

    So, to Team 5: Chris....Mike....anyone with powers in their hands,

    Please don't give streamers early access to the FULL Descent of Dragons expansion.

    Thank you all for reading.

    submitted by /u/IAmBryanCranston
    [link] [comments]

    Bob’s waiting to play some 2 card combo against me help guys I’m scared.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 10:22 PM PST

    Ragnaros is actually quite friendly

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:56 AM PST

    Top 250 from a village in Guinea!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:07 AM PST

    Top 250 from a village in Guinea!

    Hello r/hearthstone. I'm a US Peace Corps volunteer working as a Math Teacher in Rural Guinea and I just reached top 250 legend! I've been playing from my hut on a laptop hotspotting from a 3G connection attached to a solar panel which can only charge my laptop for 2ish hours a day. I've never had so much fun grinding ladder before and I hope the Meat Machine keeps cranking out wins. Check out the pics below!

    I've been considering making a youtube channel to make weekly videos in which I will

    Jam some Hearthstone; record some games

    Give my thoughts about the meta/ give players feedback about improvement in Hearthstone and competitive enterprises in general.

    Probably most importantly, talk about my experience as an American volunteer living in Guinea and respond to questions about Guinea, Hearthstone, teaching, or life in general. We could also have guest Q and A with Guinean nationals or other volunteers.

    If this kind of content sounds interesting let me know and I'll start working on it! I've always wanted to make video game content for one of the games I play (Hearthstone, Project M, Clash, or MTG) but never had the time. The deck I've been playing exclusively at legend is murloc shaman with 1 of Lightning Bolt and 1 of Lava burst in for Murloc Tastyfin.

    Win rate against other shamans from rank 3 to legend was 64% Win rate against druids was 84% Win rate against priests was 56% Win rate against rogues was 24% but who needs to win that matchup anyway

    Currently at 62% overall with my best rank today at 243. I'll keep grinding in the next couple weeks to try to break into the top 100. My highest rank ever was a top 21 finish in Wild three years ago. This is the best season I've ever had in standard and hopefully I'll finish strong. I love Hearthstone!

    https://preview.redd.it/51tela64mgz31.png?width=1779&format=png&auto=webp&s=7c4d094d55b00368c17ea1464ae3a41983c45fe6

    https://preview.redd.it/js30hd1slgz31.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1d38056722bbe7dea2f0e2e003b5fc5cab66babf

    https://preview.redd.it/dhvi8j69mgz31.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a8af6be4fa731ba5184928d76fc8a03b6e8b4bef

    https://preview.redd.it/ug6bxc1slgz31.png?width=219&format=png&auto=webp&s=54e3630abe05bc7dc816f2f3191f7c801b2cabcd

    submitted by /u/-MeatMachine-
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bug or is he cheating?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:53 AM PST

    Blizzard scamazed Amaz

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:13 AM PST

    Can we add a "Battlegrounds" tag or flair?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:37 PM PST

    I don't want to come off like a curmudgeon, but this sub is now covering what amounts to two completely different games. Don't get me wrong, I love Battlegrounds too, but it would be nice to be able to filter those posts out and see the card game related posts easier.

    Sure, few people care about Shamanstone right now, but I think once the xpac comes out this will be really important.

    $.02

    submitted by /u/tacky187
    [link] [comments]

    I win

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 09:02 AM PST

    #1 EU SirSalty Hearthstone Battlegrounds Guide

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:03 AM PST

    #1 EU SirSalty Hearthstone Battlegrounds Guide

    Hey guys SirSalty here. I'm making this thread so I can share with you guys my new Hearthstone Battlegrounds Guide!

    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UJXYqRVbxeBBtKOcmDF8bjuX4wVCyF9-wyJlxv9PO6U/edit?usp=sharing

    I am currently rank 1 in Europe by a decent margin and attached are my stats if you are interested.

    https://preview.redd.it/2kik1mfztez31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=da4e5d245d3c842bd778be143b6d79eb2252b087

    Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going in this thread regarding battlegrounds strategies, hero preferences and interesting interactions. I will also be answering questions so if you have questions about anything in the guide or something else specific please ask!

    I also stream during uk mornings-afternoon so if you want a more detailed explanation about something please come and ask (link is in the first page of the guide). I will also be updating the guide over the next couple of days with additional information and will likely keep updating it as patches are released.

    Thanks Hearthstone community <3

    submitted by /u/HS_SirSalty
    [link] [comments]

    Firestone - Best Battlegrounds heroes by average finish rank

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    TIL Summoned Minions can get you a triple

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    6 poisonous murlocs in turn 5, because why not?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Carbot - Hearthstone Battlegrounds - Upgrades

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:02 AM PST

    It's Monday and I still can't play the brawl

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:19 AM PST

    Title says it all. Like many I'm stuck with at 4/3 card deck and I can't participate in the new brawl at all.

    I know the issue is known, but we haven't heard any news since Thursday. I'm hoping that /u/Chris_Attalus or someone else representing Blizzard can give an update, but I'm starting to think the "fix" they have in mind is wait til Wednesday and a new brawl will replace the broken one we have.

    submitted by /u/playerofdiablo
    [link] [comments]

    In the beginning, we were tied for 8th place at 1 health. In the end, we were the last 2 left. Throughout the entire game, we tied 2 times battling against each other, but at the end, I lost.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:31 PM PST

    Discovered the best card in the game

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    Some suggestions to enhance our social Battlegrounds experience

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:17 PM PST

    These are just a few ideas I've had:

    1) As we can see our friend's ranked level when we open the Friend List, I think it would be interesting to see their Battlegrounds rating as well. That would generate curiosity and interaction between friends, because right now everybody's on their own playing Battlegrounds, completely invisible performance-wise, there's no sense of comradery or a way of sharing progress and achievements.

    2) That leads to another interesting possibility, which is adding notifications for when a friend achieves a certain result in a Battlegrounds game, similar to what happens when a player reaches 8+ wins in Arena. In the case of Battlegrounds, that could happen when a friend secures top 4, which would allow his friends to spectate him in the final rounds, or when a friend just wins the whole thing, which would encourage his friends to congratulate him and start a conversation. There could also be a notification for when a friend reaches certain ratings, like 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500 and so on.

    3) It would also be cool to add some options to watch replays. In this topic I have 2 different ideas. First would be having an option to watch a game a friend just won, but maybe that would be a bit intrusive for some people, although a disable option could solve that issue. Second idea would be to have for example 3 slots available in which we could put our best Battlegrounds games, so our friends and ourselves could watch it. We could even have the option to invite a friend to watch a Battlegrounds replay, so we could use that feature to revisit a certain game for improvement purposes or just for fun.

    4) Lastly I think it could be interesting to have the option to send friend invitations to our Battlegrounds opponents as there's in Play Mode. I personally think Battlegrounds is much less tilting than Play Mode, so flaming and bad mannering wouldn't be a major issue, although maybe I'm wrong. Nonetheless I would like having some options to interact with other Battlegrounds players, specially if we have already shared an interesting game.

    What do you think about these ideas, guys?

    submitted by /u/Rhaeide
    [link] [comments]

    The ilusion of choice.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 11:44 PM PST

    Every info gathered from an AMA with Mike Donais about Battlegrounds

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:16 PM PST

    wow

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:02 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment